The private residential house was extended and improved by the construction of a basement under the house and gardens for a large swimming pool, gym, winter garden, etc.
In late 2018 CDS was appointed by Lifestyle Projects to design all the temporary works scheme on this project.
- Design of crane base for Liebherr 32TT crane, which was stationed for the duration of the excavation works.
- Design of temporary needling to all the existing masonry wall (external and internal), such that the whole house was on temporary supports.
- Design of temporary steel beams and RMD/Mabey props to support all the needles.
- Providing location and loadings for the internal temporary concrete bored piles designed by Berry Piling.
- Design of temporary concrete frames (columns and beams) over the bored piles to support both the temporary and permanent steel beams.
- Design of temporary RMD/Mabey bracings for stability.
- Review of the weekly monitoring reports.
- Design of temporary propping to perimeter secant piled walls designed by Berry Piling.
- Providing surcharge loads to Berry Piling and review of their secant pile design report.
- Design of capping beams (with corbels) over the secant piled walls.
- Review of steel fabrication drawings.
- Providing loads for flat jacks and supervising jacking operations on site.
- Concrete underpinning.
- Assessment of remaining temporary piles and columns by removing some columns and piles early.
- Strengthening steel beam connections.
- Advise on injection grouting.
- Assessment to secant piled retaining wall by removing temporary props early.
- Regular site meetings and review of permanent works designs.
- Providing reinforcement drawings and bar bending schedules .